Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Tradesperson at South Metro Depot Forrestdale, on a permanent full-time basis.
About this role
As the Electrical Tradesperson you will be required to undertake, in a team environment, high voltage maintenance and inspection activities in substations throughout the South West Interconnected Network (SWIN) to maintain the integrity of the network in a safe, reliable, and affordable manner and in accordance with customer requirements and all applicable guidelines and regulations. This will include the application of multiple post trade skills and competencies.
We’re seeking someone from within our workforce with experience and attributes that include:
- Certificate III Electro-Technology
- WA ‘A’ Grade Electrical Workers License
- Valid WA ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence to business requirements
- Relevant Network Authorisation including Construction industry white card and Basic Emergency Life Support (within the first month of apprenticeship)
- PC Literacy
- Valid High Risk licence class EWP (within first 3 months of apprenticeship)
Demonstrated industry experience as an Electrical Tradesperson
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
With representation from 101 countries, Western Power has a rich, and diverse employee workforce. Through our established Employee Network Groups, we bring our people diversity to life. At Western Power, we strive to build an authentic culture of inclusion and belonging for all.
Our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- An award-winning employee recognition programme
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 2 January 2024.
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.