It’s an exciting time to be joining Western Power. The way we use power is changing. The grid is evolving. And it’s our people who are helping connect everyone to a brighter energy future. Now more than ever, we need talented and passionate people to join us and help shape the future of energy in WA. Explore the fantastic opportunity below.
About this role
As the HV & Mobile Plant Mechanic you will be required to repair, service, maintain and undertake project work on Western Power's heavy vehicle and mobile plant to ensure they are operating safely and maintained to manufacturers and Australian Standards. You will also:
- Conduct planned and unplanned (e.g. breakdowns) work, including, inspection, complex fault diagnosis and rectifying problems related to the servicing and maintenance of Western Power's heavy vehicles and mobile plant equipment
- Modify Western Power's heavy vehicles and mobile plant equipment as per project plans and engineering designs (e.g. extension of vehicles to carry plant)
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Demonstrated industry experience as a Heavy vehicle / Mobile Plant Mechanic
- Base Trade qualification (AQF3) in Heavy Duty Mechanical applications - Heavy automotive / plant mechanical (mobile plant)
- Experienced in diagnosis and repair of hydraulics / low voltage electrical
- Highly developed teamwork skills - Must be able to work as part of a high performing team
- Valid WA ‘C' class licence (essential)
- Valid WA ‘HR' Driver's License (Desirable)
- High Risk licence class EWP (Desirable)
- High Risk licence class Dogging (Desirable)
- High Risk licence class Forklift (Desirable)
- Motor Vehicle Repairer's Certificate classes HVW and LVW
Joining Western Power
With representation from 101 countries, Western Power has a rich, and diverse employee workforce. Through our established Employee Network Groups, we bring our people diversity to life. At Western Power, we strive to build an authentic culture of inclusion and belonging for all.
Our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- An award-winning employee recognition programme
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 12 December 2023.
For any enquiries, please contact OperationalTalent@westernpower.com.au
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.