Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of leading experts.
Our people are key to delivering a decarbonised future. People, skills and culture remain as important as ever and we will continue to invest in them. On our pathway towards decarbonisation and with continued growth within our HR Team, we are looking for a Human Resources Business Partner in our South West region on a fixed term 12-month full-time basis.
About this role
This position is responsible for developing integrated solutions through partnering with formal leaders, providing sound and professional guidance, advice, coaching and direction to manage and resolve complex people issues.
This role will also assist with the design and delivery of strategic programs of work in line with Western Power’s People Strategy and to support the roll out of corporate initiatives, while consistently operating in line with HR best practice, relevant polices, frameworks, awards and corporate governance frameworks.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Human Resources
- Strong generalist experience, with a good grounding in a broad range of HR functional activities
- Demonstrated ability to provide advice to a large operational and professional workforce.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills developed through previous management of complex human relations projects.
- Developed business acumen working to providing fit for purpose solutions.
- Strong Interpersonal and attention to detail skills
- Excellent prioritisation skills and effective risk assessment
- Advanced influencing capabilities and skills where the interaction with others is primarily concerned with influencing, developing and motivating people and changing behaviour.
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Candidates would ideally be residing in the South West of WA, and local to the Bunbury or Busselton areas
Applications close 11 January 2024
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.