The way we use power is changing. The grid is evolving. And it’s our people who are helping connect everyone to a brighter energy future.
This is an exciting opportunity for a HV & Mobile Plant Mechanic on a Permanent Full Time Basis at our brand-new state of the art South Metro Depot.
South Metro Depot is located in Forrestdale, Western Australia, conveniently located next to the Tonkin Highway.
The brand-new state-of-the-art facility spanning 120,000 square metres offers;
- on-site café
- End of trip facilities
- Secure on-site parking
- The latest infrastructure and technology to empower all employees.
As well as being a great place to work, you will also receive the following benefits
- Tool Allowance
- 2 ‘Extra’ Public Holidays annually
- Fortnightly RDO
- Option to purchase additional leave
- Genuine training and development opportunities
- Financial Relocation Assistance (if eligible)
About this role
As the HV & Mobile Plant Mechanic you will be required to repair, service, maintain and undertake project work on Western Power’s heavy vehicle and mobile plant to ensure they are operating safely and maintained to manufacturers and Australian Standards. You will also:
- Conduct planned and unplanned (e.g. breakdowns) work, including, inspection, complex fault diagnosis and rectifying problems related to the servicing and maintenance of Western Power’s heavy vehicles and mobile plant equipment
- Modify Western Power’s heavy vehicles and mobile plant equipment as per project plans and engineering designs (e.g. extension of vehicles to carry plant)
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Demonstrated industry experience as a Heavy vehicle / Mobile Plant Mechanic
- Base Trade qualification (AQF3) in Heavy Duty Mechanical applications – Heavy automotive / plant mechanical (mobile plant)
- Experienced in diagnosis and repair of hydraulics / low voltage electrical
- Highly developed teamwork skills – Must be able to work as part of a high performing team
- Valid WA ‘C’ class licence (essential)
- Valid WA ‘HR’ Driver’s License (Desirable)
- High Risk licence class EWP (Desirable)
- High Risk licence class Dogging (Desirable)
- High Risk licence class Forklift (Desirable)
- Motor Vehicle Repairer’s Certificate classes HVW and LVW (desirable)
Joining Western Power
Through our established Employee Network Groups, we bring our people diversity to life. At Western Power, we strive to build an authentic culture of inclusion and belonging for all.
Our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- An award-winning employee recognition programme
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
For any enquiries, please contact OperationalTalent@westernpower.com.au.
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.