Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Property Planning & Strategy Specialist at our Perth Head Office, on a 12 month fixed term contract, with potential opportunity for a 4 day week.
About this role
As the Senior Property Planning & Strategy Specialist you will be responsible for developing, integrating and reporting on all aspects of the Property and Accommodation Plan including the associated Business Plans.
The position will also provide a focal point and subject matter expertise in identifying future organisation needs regarding Property, Office, Depot and Employee Accommodation and the incorporation of these into the relevant strategy and business plan documentation. You will also be:
- Responsible for planning critical activities associated with the development of Property and Accommodation plans including the associated Business Plans.
- Responsible for developing, integrating and reporting on all aspects of the Property and Accommodation Plan including the associated Business Plans.
- Responsible for providing subject matter expertise in the development of Strategy documentation.
- Responsible for development of Business Plans to implement initiatives identified in the relevant Strategy documentation.
- Lead coordination activities with internal stakeholders where required in the development of business plans to ensure set out timelines can be met
- Contribute to and support the planning, budgeting and reporting processes
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- A broad knowledge within a strategic planning / management environment or related discipline requiring an advanced understanding of diverse practices and principles
- A minimum of 8+ years demonstrated extensive knowledge and expertise in setting strategy and business planning, as well as reporting against established KPI’s with broad understanding of the property management environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce, or related discipline
- A broad understanding of the project management environment
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, with initiative and exercising a high degree of skill and independent judgement
- Advanced conceptual and analytical skills
- Exceptional organisation and time management abilities to manage several priorities
- Strong technical leadership, influencing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven success in leading organisational and culture change in complex environments
- Interaction with others is primarily concerned with influencing, developing, and motivating people and changing behaviour
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on Friday 22nd December 2023.
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.