Propel your career into the future with Western Power as we plan tomorrow's grid. Our work experience programs, including our Vacation program, Work Integrated Learning, Work Experience, and Business Trainee programs, will give you the opportunity to gain hands-on experience, learn from industry veterans, and practically apply your nationally recognised qualifications in an exciting, forward-thinking environment.
Use your degree to gain valuable ‘hands on” experience with our 12-week paid vacation program. Our program runs for three months over your university summer break, usually from end of November to mid-February.
What’s in it for you?
- Paid opportunity to work with and learn from professionals in your field of study
- An opportunity to apply what you are learning to real life challenges.
- Join in networking and social events with other vacation students and graduates
- Playing a part in the de-carbonisation of our state.
Who can apply?
Any student in their final or penultimate year of study, including international students, in the following disciplines
- Electrical and Civil Engineering
- Cyber Security
- Data Science
If this program sounds like something that interests you, please register your interest below. Candidates for this program are sourced from expressions of interest received during the year.
Expressions of interest for our 2024/25 vacation program are now open.
Register your interest
Work integrated learning
We offer unpaid work integrated learning opportunities throughout the year, depending on your availability, in the following disciplines:
- electrical engineering
- computer science
- applied mathematics and statistics
- IT and cyber security
- data analytics
- project management