It’s an exciting time to be joining Western Power.
The way we use power is changing. The grid is evolving. And it’s our people who are helping connect everyone to a brighter energy future.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Cable Jointer on a Permanent Full Time Basis at our Balcatta Depot.
Balcatta is located a short 10 KM’s north of Perth in the City of Stirling. Only a 10 minute drive from the beautiful West Australian coast line, offering fishing, snorkelling, surfing and the many amenities of living in the city.
As well as offering spectacular beaches, the Balcatta area offers shopping at WA’s biggest shopping mall, Parks and sporting grounds, all levels of schooling facilities and all the conveniences you would expect from a city suburb.
As well as Western Power being a great place to work, you will also receive the following benefits
- Availability Allowance
- Fortnightly RDO
- Option to purchase additional leave
- Financial Relocation Assistance (if eligible)
- Site Allowance (Where Applicable)
About this role
As the Cable Jointer you will be required to construct and maintain in a team environment the underground transmission and/or distribution electricity network in a safe, reliable, and affordable manner which will ensure supply to customers.
At this level the application of multiple post trade qualification will be required in line with core competencies, values and behaviours outlined in this position description and framework
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Certificate III in ESI – Power System Distribution Cable Jointing or equivalent
- Valid WA ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence (subject to business requirements)
- Demonstrated industry experience in the construction and maintenance of transmission and/or distribution electricity network.
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 01 March 2024
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.