Are you keen to explore Western Australia’s vast outback, spectacular national parks and pristine sandy beaches?
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to the West Australian community?
Maybe you’re tired of the ‘rat race’ and longing for that laid back way of life?
Look no further…
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have exciting opportunities for Line Workers and Cable Jointers across WA on a full-time, permanent basis. Locations include but are not limited to: Vasse, Geraldton, Three Springs, Jurien, Moora, Northam, Merredin, Kondinin, Kalgoorlie, Narrogin.
When it comes to work-life balance, the opportunity to live and work in one of Western Australia’s vibrant smaller towns is hard to beat. Enjoy all the benefits that come with working for Western Power, plus the relaxed lifestyle and warmth of a welcoming local community.
About this role
- No two days will be the same as a Line Worker or Cable Jointer in our regional locations!
- You will be required to:
- Attend network faults
- Be on call - enjoy our gorgeous WA scenery on your journeys
- Carry out construction and maintenance on overhead/underground distribution network
- Carry out metering, services and streetlight repairs
- Complete customer funded projects
- Put safety first at all times
- Have a passion for becoming one of the energy workers of the future
We’re seeking someone to join our workforce with experience and attributes that include:
- Certificate III in ESI – Power System Distribution/Transmission Overhead (or equivalent)
- Valid WA ‘HR’ Class Drivers Licence (subject to business requirements)
- Industry experience
- White Card
- Focus on being a strong team player
- Getting on well with others & a positive attitude
- Glove & Barrier and/or Switching & Crane would be desirable
- An ability to provide excellent service to our customers
What’s in it for you:
- Relocation packages available
- A great team environment and camaraderie
- Potential to train in: HV/LV Switching, Glove and Barrier, Crane, HV Sticking & more
- Stand Alone Power Systems (SPS) training
- Work in an emerging tech space with helicopter patrols & drones for analysis
- 9 day fortnight
- Remote living allowance
- 3 days extra leave per financial year
Joining Western Power
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Professional development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits program
- Access to Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
As part of our recruitment process, all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Please contact our Talent Acquisition Team for any enquires.
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.
Role: Lineworker & Cable Jointer - Multiple Positions Available
Contract Type: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: From $101, 798 + Super + Allowances
Job REQ ID: 76245