In the last 18 months, Western Power like all industries has seen a significant increase in the volume of high complexity projects. With increased market demand, its mean’s our delivery timeframes for design, scheduling and construction have been extended. Additionally with ongoing COVID-19 impacts, the supply chain remains unpredictable and materials and specialised equipment such as transformers can take an extended amount of time to arrive.
Our dedicated teams are prioritising the delivery of major road and rail infrastructure projects via the Office for Major Transport Infrastructure Delivery.
We have called on our existing resources to capitalise on their skills and strengths, leading to an increase in productivity. We’re also actively recruiting specialists to increase capability and output.
What does this mean for you?
- We will provide you with technical assessment within three months of an application being submitted
- Depending on the complexity of your project, average timeframes to provide you with a design and quote are as follows:
- standard design: 4-6 months
- detailed design: 7-9 months
- complex design: 8-12 months
- We will aim to construct your project within three months, once payment is made and your site is ready
- For commercial solar applications, we will provide you with an assessment within 6–8 weeks after submission
- For a Land Development application, current timeframes are approx. 10 months for us to externally design and construct.
Our commitment to customers
- We are committed to working with customers to deliver products and services to meet their needs
- We are actively seeking input from customers to improve our services where we can
- We are committed to improving response times and improved on this where we can at each point in our value chain to ensure better support for customer projects
- We are actively recruiting specialists within the industry to assist with the delivery of your design.