Move or remove a pole
Who is this for?
For people wanting to move or remove a stay pole, low or high voltage distribution pole.
How long will it take?
3 months to provide you with a technical assessment
4-6 months to provide you with a design and quote, depending on the complexity of your project
3 months to construct, upon payment of quote and confirmation your site is ready
How much will it cost?
We'll provide a quote after we complete the scoping and design of your project.
|Application fee (plus 0.59% credit card surcharge)||$497.42|
|Project complexity||Design fee|
* While the design fee is GST inclusive, the GST exclusive amount will be deducted from the access offer if proceeding, i.e. GST is not refunded
|Construction costs||We will provide a quote|
You’ll receive a scope
You’ll receive design fee invoice
You’ll receive a quote for the delivery of the works
Let us know how we went
What to include with your application
A site plan
Provides us with an understanding of your work site, the location of existing and new assets and help us to design your product. It will need to include:
- Your property
- Neighbouring properties
- The location of the supply point
Site plan for move or removing a pole
For a site plan to be accepted, it must clearly show:
- clearly-marked lot/house numbers where available street names and any nearest cross road/s.
- location of proposed streetlight/d, distance/s from lot boundaries OR GIS coordinates (longitude and latitude) offset from side boundaries.
- pole number/s for existing poles or clearly marked location of new poles to be installed.
Creating a site plan using maps or satellite images
An easy way to create a site plan is to use an online mapping service like Google Maps. Just take a screenshot of the address and then label the requirements on it.
Help us understand your current connection arrangements and more easily identify potential site-specific issues. Photos will need to include:
- The extent of the worksite
- Any obstructions in the area
If your project will impact your neighbour’s property by having new assets installed or relocated on or in front of their property, you’ll need their authorisation.
Local government authority
If the pole you wish to remove/relocate has a streetlight on it you need to get local government approval before applying.