Install an above standard meter supply
Who is this for?
For installing, moving or relocating above standard supply metering equipment (CT meters above 100 amps).
How long will it take?
3 months to provide you with a technical assessment.
4-6 months to provide you with a design and quote, depending of the complexity of your project.
3 months to construct, upon payment of quote and confirmation your site is ready.
How much will it cost?
We'll provide a quote after we complete the scoping and design of your project.
|Application fee (plus 0.59% credit card surcharge)||$497.42|
* While the design fee is GST inclusive, the GST exclusive amount will be deducted from the access offer if proceeding, i.e. GST is not refunded
|Construction costs||We will provide a quote|
The cost of an electricity supply is dependent on how much power you require. In most cases, the cost will be based on what we call the Distribution Low Voltage Connection Scheme.
What to include with your application
A site plan
Provides us with an understanding of your work site, the location of existing and new assets and help us to design your product. It will need to include:
- your property
- neighbouring properties
- the location of the supply point.
Site plan for a meter connection
For a pillar site plan to be accepted, it must clearly show:
- the proposed pillar location in a visible colour on the site plan.
- the street name on which the property borders
- the full address of the property
- the nearest intersection (for rural properties it helps to locate the site)
In order to provide a fast, accurate quote and advice on your new connection arrangement we require a comprehensive site plan with details of your current and/or proposed site layout. This includes but is not limited to the following information being clearly marked on your plan:
- boundary or retaining walls at the side and front of the property – including depth of wall
- location of items such as letterboxes, garden beds, trees/stumps, driveways, crossovers
- detail or grades of any major inclines or slopes near the front boundary
- utility locations for water meters/pipes, gas pipes, sewer mains/connections and access points
- proposed location of new pillar/s
Pillar exclusion zone
The pillar needs to have an exclusion zone of 50cm from its centre. Inside or under the exclusion zone there must not be any:
- water pipes, water storage facilities or water meters
- gas pipes or meters
- telecommunication cables
- sewage, waste water, or storm water pipes
- reticulation pipes or cables
- tree roots and other vegetation
- concrete, asphalt, limestone or bedrock
Find out what underground assets may be in the vicinity by submitting a Dial Before You Dig application.
Creating a site plan using maps or satellite images
An easy way to create a site plan is to use a online mapping service like Google Maps. Just take a screen shot of the address and then label the requirements on it.
Using construction plans or engineering drawings for a site plan
If you’ve got access to construction plans or engineering drawings, you’ll be able to submit these as a site plan as long as it includes all our requirements.
A single line diagram
A single line diagram provides us with the technical information to design a connection to meet your requirements.